Sunday, January 22, 2012

BUFFALO WEST WING & AFFAIRS OF STEAK by Julie Hyzy

With a new First Family, White House executive chef Olivia Paras can't afford to make any mistakes. But when a box of take-out chicken mysteriously shows up for the First Kids, she soon finds herself in a "no-wing" situation. After Olivia refuses to serve the chicken, the First Lady gives her the cold shoulder. But when it turns out to be poisoned poultry, Olivia realizes the kids are true targets.

 
White House chef Olivia Paras and her arch nemesis, White House Sensitivity Director Peter Everett Sargeant, must work together to solve the double murder of one of the First Lady's assistants and the Chief of Staff-before they become the next victims of a merciless assassin with a secret agenda.




I have been enjoying this series and these two are the most recent from Julie Hyzy. Olivia Paras is the executive chef at The White House and always seems to get involved in some criminal plot that endangers members of The White House. In the first couple of books, Ollie was dating Tom, a member of the Presidents security detail. I never liked him as he was kind of rude to Ollie and annoyed with her shenanigans. But they broke up and now she's got Gav, another secret service agent but one more supportive of her. I also like Ollie a lot more in the recent books as she stands up for herself and kind of kicks ass. In spite of the titles, there isn't as much food as you'd think but plenty of intrigue. This is a good cozy series.

my rating 4/5 for both

4 comments:

Lisa said...

These look like great books for me to pick up for Fall Feasting this year!

Kaye said...

I love this series too. I'm holding a giveaway right now for a copy. So glad you enjoyed it! Have a wonderful week and happy reading!

Ryan said...

I still haven't even read the first one yet, I need to get my ass in gear.

Francis V.Miller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails