Friday, October 21, 2011

DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READ-A-THON!

I've missed the last couple of Dewey's read-a-thons, so I am excited to participate again. I'm trying a new strategy this time. Many of the books I will be reading, I have already started. This way I already know that I like them. Nothing frustrates me more than starting a book and not liking it then having a hard time getting started on any book.
I have lots of snacks; pop tarts, glazed, chocolate donut holes (my favorite), cheese and crackers, orange juice(goes great with donut holes), hot chocolate, Doritos, and other yummy foods.
My house is clean so no distractions and I will be wearing comfy jammies all day. I won't be able to stay awake for 24 hours, so I'm sure I'll take plenty of naps.
So here is a list of books on my possible reads list for this weekend:

Catherine the Great by Robert K. Massie  - I've been neglecting this one so it will be good to devote some time to it.
The Girl Who Would Speak For the Dead by Paul Elwork-  on my Kindle 
Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie- I may sneak in another Agatha book. They are easy reads and I love mysteries                    
Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier
The Ghost Stories of Edith Wharton by Edith Wharton
The Heroine's Bookshelf by Erin Blakemore
The Woman in Black by Susan Hill 
Straw Men by Michael Marshall-on my Kindle
Royal Blood (A Royal Spyness Mystery) by Rhys Bowen-on my Kindle


  I also have several samples downloaded on my Kindle and may throw a cozy mystery in as they don't take a lot of concentration.

Happy Reading and Good Luck to all the other participants!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

That's a great strategy! Have fun!!

Lisa said...

Looks like you've got a great variety and just the right kinds of books for a readathon!

Kate@Midnight Book Girl said...

Great Readathon pile and your snacks sound yummy! Tomorrow is going to be so much fun, glad your able to participate!

Kristen M. said...

I'm going to start my first book tonight so that I'm not trying to start a new book first thing in the morning. So, see you tomorrow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails